LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts
Student Contract and Web Permission Slip for Advanced Painting
Requirements of the Course:
- Create and maintain an artists website in WordPress to show completed paintings as well as the progress of each painting.
- The wordpress will be used as part of the midterm and final assessment.
- Attend class regularly and punctually.
- Presentation of work at various points of the semester.
- Visit a NYC museum or gallery and prepare a written report with an analysis of the art.
- Complete a Common Core writing assignment that may be a component of the museum report.
Standards for Grading:
40% Class participation/class work
30 % Exams, quizzes, and studio assessments
20% Class preparation and homework
10% Projects and reports
I have read the requirements and grading standards listed above for Ms. Lombardi’s Advanced Painting Class.
I give permission for my daughter/son _____________________________________________________________to post artwork on a wordpress blog for online public viewing, as part of the painting class assignment in creating and maintaining an artist’s website and online portfolio.
I have considered the option of having my daughter/son use her/his full name on the website. I give permission for her/ his full name to be visible to the public along with the artwork. ____________________________________ additional signature required
I agree to periodically view and monitor my daughter’s/son’s painting website at url: ____________________________________ .wordpress.com
_________________________________________ parent signature _____________ date
_________________________________________ parent e-mail _________________________________________ phone contact info
___________________________________________________ student signature